9:00 AM – Fellowship
9:30 AM – Sunday School
10:30 AM – Worship
Our Mission Statement:
Jesus said, “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.“ (Matthew 28:19)
As a member of the
North American Lutheran Church,
we hold 4 Core Values:
We confess the apostolic faith in Jesus Christ according to the Holy Scriptures. We affirm the Scriptures as the authoritative source and norm, “according to which all doctrines should and must be judged” (Formula of Concord). We accept the ecumenical creeds and the Lutheran Confessions as true witnesses to the Word of God.
We believe that the mission of the Church is to preach the Gospel and to make disciples for Christ. We believe that making disciples — in our congregations, in our communities, and nations, and around the world — must be a priority of the Church in the present age.
We affirm the ecumenical creeds and faithful witness of the Church across time and space. We endorse the form and practices of the universal Church that are consistent with Scripture, particularly the office of the ministry and the tradition of the worship under Word and Sacrament. We seek dialogue and fellowship with other Lutheran churches and with faithful Christians of other confessions.
We strive to be a church that is organized to facilitate the ministries of local congregations in a posture of servant-hood and a spirit of partnership, through the provision of resources, connections, and information.
Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church was formally organized in the Faith Alliance Hall on March 6, 1899 where Rev. RL Brown and 14 men and women held a meeting to select a building committee. Land for the church was given by Mr. DA Wiley, who also built the alter, lectern, and pulpit.
Divine worship was held in a brush arbor during the summer of 1899, until a 28×50 church building was erected in the winter of 1899-1900. The cornerstone was laid on February 17, 1900– officiated by Rev. CB Miller (synod president). The original church building was dedicated on October 5, 1902.
During the pastorate of Rev. Clifford Paul Fisher (1903-1918), Faith Lutheran was in parish with Emmanuel, Rockwell. A parsonage to serve both congregations was built in 1905. According to a historical sketch done in 1939, under the pastorate of Rev. Fisher, Faith Lutheran had approximately 600 attendants during Sunday School, and an average worship attendance of 400!
Faith Lutheran became self-sustaining in 1919. A building fund was started as early as 1935, with an initial offering of $29.60 for a new sanctuary. The old church building served until 1947, and was respectfully demolished in 1948. Until the basement of the new church was finished on July 6, 1950, the congregation worshipped at Faith Public School (with funerals held at Shiloh Evangelical & Reformed Church). The first service in the completed church building was held on February 11, 1951– totaling to about $200,000. And in 1959, the church also built a new parsonage.
In 2012, the church became a member of the North American Lutheran Church.
In the first decade of the 21st century, the Family Life Center was constructed with a total cost of $1,900,529.23. It was announced on December 24, 2017 that this debt had been retired. A formal “mortgage burning” and rededication of the church was held in February of 2018.